Who We Are
Heaven Sent Services is a 501 (c)(3) Non Profit Organization that finds and fills the needs of homeless individuals in Las Vegas, Nevada.
There is a underworld beneath the electricity of the Las Vegas Strip. Hidden homeless live in underground flood tunnels, parks, abandoned buildings and foreclosed homes mostly out of the public eye. There are about 10,000 homeless people living in the Las Vegas Valley. They are referred to as "Lost Vegas".
Heaven Sent Services Founder and Staff are committed to providing aid to this underserved segment of Las Vegas.
• 55.4 percent of homeless individuals surveyed in the 2016 Homeless Census reported they were experiencing homelessness for the first time.
• 84.7 percent of the homeless people surveyed reported they were unemployed.
• Nearly 12 percent of the homeless population is estimated to be over the age of 61.
• On any given night, there are more than 800 victims of domestic violence who are homeless in Southern Nevada.
• 70.8 percent of the homeless population experiences one or more disabling conditions.
• 49.4 percent of homeless people surveyed said they were experiencing mental illness, depression or PTSD.
What We Do
On any given night, approximately 1,530 unaccompanied youth, including 280 unaccompanied children under 18 and 1,250 unaccompanied youth ages 18-24, are homeless in Southern Nevada. This is about 25 percent of the approximately 6,200 people who are homeless in Southern Nevada on any given night, according to the 2016 Southern Nevada Homeless Census. Unaccompanied homeless youth may be staying in a shelter program, living on the street, or squatting in an abandoned building. In addition, more than 13,000 children and youth are in households that are unstably housed, such as multiple families sharing a single family residence, or families staying in weekly hotels. The leading causes for homelessness among youth includes being kicked out of the house, emotional abuse, and financial issues at home.